If spring and summer spell sneezing season for you, consider these steps to reduce your exposure to pollen:
• Keep an eye on the pollen count, which is often included in weather reports. Stay inside as much as possible when it’s high.
• Pollen counts are highest in the early morning and on dry, windy days.
• Wear wrap-around sunglasses to keep pollen out of your eyes.
• Keep car windows closed. Turn on the air conditioning to prevent pollen from entering the car.
• Don’t lie on freshly cut grass.
• If you have to work outside when the pollen count is high, wear a dust mask.
• Change into clean clothes when you get home. Wash the clothes you wore outside.
• Keep your windows closed at night. If possible, use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
How can you to tell if you have a cold or allergies? Use this chart of similar symptoms and be ready this spring!