Wednesday Feb. 27th 2p.m.-3:15p.m. EST
Expert advice on managing health care costs while complying with health care reform regulation
Many employers are surprised to learn there are still ways to achieve cost-containment and even savings on health care expenditures utilizing careful plan design, carrier negotiations and employee education. Thomas Mangan, CEO of United Benefit Advisors (UBA), will share strategies that helped Megro clients save an average of 5.2 percent on their medical plan renewal in 2012 in a complimentary webinar on Feb. 27, 2013, from 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. EST.
Mangan will walk participants through the 2012 UBA Health Plan Survey, the largest benchmarking survey in the industry, and discuss the key elements and the advantages of using accurate benchmarking data to analyze and adjust employee benefit costs while complying with the new health care reform regulations. Mangan will also discuss how UBA Health Plan Survey benchmarking data help employers of all sizes gain a competitive advantage by designing benefit plans that enhance their ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Understand the plan design factors driving costs
- Learn how to leverage UBA’s 2012 Health Plan Survey data to understand what health plan benefits that their competitors are offering and compare their plans to other employers in their region, size-range and industry.
- Review of overall national benchmarks (average costs, employee premiums, plan popularity, etc.)
- Get a close look at the truth about consumer-driven health plan (CDHP) cost savings and learn how to achieve savings beyond the first year.
- Learn strategies for meeting the challenges of health care reform regulations, including current and future obligations.
About Thomas Mangan, CEO, United Benefit Advisors
A 20-year veteran in the field of employee benefits, Mr. Mangan has been named one of the top 10 most influential individuals in the health care industry by Employee Benefits News and is widely recognized as one of the industry’s most progressive thought leaders. His extensive background in employee benefits spans sales, services and operations. Prior to joining UBA, Mangan was a Board Member of the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers and has served on the National Broker Advisory Councils of Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare.