Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwich Makes 1 sandwich
Bring a healthy sandwich with you to work. It’ll free you up to take a long, brisk walk at lunchtime. Nonfat yogurt and Dijon mustard combine to provide a little zing — and lighten the fat — for the mayonnaise-based dressing. Veggies, fruit and nuts make it interesting.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- About 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- or turkey breast
- About 1/2 cup diced crunchy vegetable
- such as celery, bell pepper or broccoli
- About 1/3 cup diced apple or grape
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or sliced
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 whole-wheat pita or 2 slices whole-
- wheat bread
- Lettuce leaf
- In a bowl, blend together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Add chicken or turkey, vegetable, fruit, nuts and scallion. Toss well to coat with the dressing.
- Assemble your sandwich with pita or bread and garnish with a lettuce leaf. Wrap in plastic wrap. Keep sandwich cool until lunchtime.
2g Saturated fat